Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Eclipse 36 for scrub plane blades

L'Eclipse 36 per le lame degli sbozzini


This is the last post about Eclipse 36 and then I promise you I'll stop poisoning you.

Some time ago I modified an Eclipse 36 for sharpening the blades of the strongly curved scrub plane blades.
I shortened the central screw and the two rods, I rounded the bottom edges and, to barrel the central wheel, I fixed it in a drill and then I grinded it with an angle grinder, but do not tell this last thing to anyone.

Then, later, I found out that scrub plane blades are more easily sharpened freehand.


L'ultimo post sull'eclipse 36 e poi prometto che smetto di ammorbarvi.

Qualche tempo fa ho modificato una Eclipse 36 per affilare le lame fortemente curvate degli sbozzini.
Ho accorciato il vitone centrale e i due steli, ho arrotondato gli spigoli inferiori e, per barillare la ruota centrale, l'ho fissata su un trapano e l'ho molata con una smerigliatrice angolare, ma quest'ultima cosa non ditela a nessuno.

Poi successivamente ho scoperto che le lame degli sbozzini si affilano piĆ¹ facilmente a mano libera.






2 comments: